Social Innovation Hub
The Social Innovation Hub, an initiative of the Office of Entrepreneurship and Innovation and the Walton College, is a multidisciplinary, virtual community where University of Arkansas students, faculty and staff have the opportunity to learn about pressing social and environmental problems. Students are invited to actively engage in developing solutions based on their own interests and skills.
Making a Difference
The purpose of the hub is to promote interdisciplinary collaboration and to expand and coordinate experiential learning options, with the intention of developing, testing and implementing new initiatives.
There are a vast number of existing initiatives at the university and the design of the hub is to connect faculty and students interested in conducting similar or complementary work.
The Hub community also includes a diverse and growing network of resources within and beyond the university system, including community organizations, social enterprises, impact investors and peers and experts in the field.
The objectives of the Social Innovation Hub are as follows:
- PROMOTE entrepreneurial and innovative thinking to address societal issues
- FACILITATE a process for developing interdisciplinary solutions to social and environmental problems
- CONNECT people through a local, national and global network of innovators
- CONTRIBUTE to the professional development and active learning experiences of our students
- DEVELOP a culture of respect and community that encourages collaboration and resource sharing