The Social Innovation Initiative of the Office of Entrepreneurship and Innovation and the Walton College is a multidisciplinary program through which University of Arkansas students, faculty and staff learn about pressing social and environmental problems defined by partner organizations (many of them local) that need our help. Through a network of classes, students form interdisciplinary teams to tackle these problems using entrepreneurial principles and business disciplines. This program is also a resource for faculty seeking service-learning partners, for students looking for thesis research material, and for anyone on campus with an interest in social innovation.
Fall 2017 Social Innovation Challenge
The objectives of the Social Innovation Challenge are as follows:
- PROMOTE entrepreneurial and innovative thinking to address societal issues
- FACILITATE a process for developing interdisciplinary solutions to social and environmental problems
- CONNECT people through a local, national and global network of innovators
- CONTRIBUTE to the professional development and active learning experiences of our students
- DEVELOP a culture of respect and community that encourages collaboration and resource sharing